Drum Twister for Telecom, Control and Specialty Cables
The Drum Twister or Universal Cabler has applications that include the cabling of round and sectored power cables, closing of stranded conductors, assembly of sectored Milliken conductors, Wire Screening, Steel Wire Armouring, Fiber Optic stranding, Cabling and insertion applications as well as the assembly of multi-pair telecom and specialty cables.
Typical auxiliary equipment includes: concentric and eccentric taping units and binders, steel wire performers, and fillers among others.
- Designs from 900mm to 4.4m( 36in to 180in) with reel weights to 35 tons
- Closed and Open Fork Design with “Gesadur” trunnion under rollers
- High rotational speeds
- Integrated lifting platform to facilitate loading and unloading of reels
- Goose neck traverse with roller guide system, optional video winding monitor
- Speed controlled units or with rotating caterpuller capstan
- Independent drives for rotation, traverse; lay/pitch and take-up
- Wide range of payoffs; taping heads; binders, filler and other auxiliary equipment
- Integrated drive and control package with optional recipe driven package