Rigid Stranding with the Concentric Strander
This competitive alternative to the traditional Tangential Bobbin or Parallel Axis Rigid Strander provides unparalleled Stranding, Cabling or Screening performance for cage-type machines. It is ideally suited in multiple cage applications with stem package inputs and Single Input Wire (SIW) strand constructions. Suitable also for single and multi-wire Stranding and Screening for Specialty, Energy, and Transmission Conductors.
The process of input wire rolling in tandem with stranding process is patented by Roteq.
- Bobbin capacity equivalent to the 630mm, 800mm and 900mm DIN packages
- Speeds up to 500 rpm
- Wire diameter range to 5.0mm or 0.2in
- Suitable for EC Aluminum to 6201 Aluminum alloy to Annealed and Hard Copper conductor materials
- External wire guiding with guide sheave diameter to suit product range without affecting cage length
- Ideally suited for stem inputs eliminating the need for precision bobbins
- Optional “on cage” input wire trapezoidal rolling capability for “TW” layers (Roteq US Patent #6840031 B2)
- Unique closing arrangement for precise closing of trapezoidal wire layers
- Powered guard panel provides open access for wire preparation
- Integrated high speed rewinding of wires from stems
Ideally suited for Single Input Wire (SIW) stranded conductors